←  Faith & Religion

Essential Baby

»
Advertisement

Deleted post

terracottapots's Photo terracottapots 02 Dec 2011

Deleted post.

Edited by bitznpieces, 02 December 2011 - 08:59 PM.

*cough*'s Photo *cough* 02 Dec 2011

Actually I don't take it back...

Really? Seriously?

Edited by It's Me!, 02 December 2011 - 08:44 PM.

kemisz's Photo kemisz 02 Dec 2011

I just checked.  Joel A'bell linked to this on his Twitter.  Great.  Time to find a new church!

FauxPas's Photo FauxPas 02 Dec 2011

I find it so very sad that a petition to stop Kyle Sandilands spouting rubbish on live radio and making derogatory comments about a female journalist attracted less signatures than this discriminatory intolerant one.  sad.gif

~A Poetic Winter~'s Photo ~A Poetic Winter~ 02 Dec 2011

ddown.gif  *sigh*

I no longer understand the human race, that we deny our fellow wo/man the right to be legally married to the one they love.

None is asking you to marry gay people in your church, just that we accept their relationships as a legal marriage in a SECULAR society, and under the SECULAR  laws of Australia, not the laws of Hillsong or any other church.
Edited by twoformee, 02 December 2011 - 08:48 PM.

MrsNorthman's Photo MrsNorthman 02 Dec 2011

And for our open minded supportive Christians original.gif

http://www.australianmarriageequality.com/laborconference/

There is a march in Hyde Park (Sydney) tomorrow as well to show support for this change.

ETA thanks Yoda

I also urge people to write a quick note directly to the Prime Minister

http://www.pm.gov.au/contact-your-pm

Lees75's Photo Lees75 02 Dec 2011

There was also a petition going around a few months ago for Christians in support of same sex marriage. I will see if I can find the link...

Jobrielle's Photo Jobrielle 02 Dec 2011

Holy cow. This is wrong.

*mylittleprince*'s Photo *mylittleprince* 02 Dec 2011

I like Hillsong church, they are entitled to their opinion just like everyone else.

delete
Edited by bitznpieces, 02 December 2011 - 09:04 PM.

I haven't said anything near as discriminatory or rude as you, so no.

QUOTE (bitznpieces @ 02/12/2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My brother sent this to me this morning. He attends Hillsong Church.

The definition of marriage is going to a conscience vote in parliament and many of you would have your own convictions about this. The Australian Christian Lobby (ACL) are asking for urgent support to sign their petition and keep the marriage act between a man and a woman.

We have attached a link for you to access their website and register your vote. http://australianmarriage.org/petition/

As always, continue to pray for the leaders that govern this great country, that God's wisdom would be relied upon and the name of Jesus exalted!

See you on the weekend!

Love Joel

Lead Pastor
Hillsong Church, Australia

I thought I would post here for those christians who would like to sign the petition. I
Do not want this post to cause any debate or discussion.  Only sign if you feel lead to.Thanks

Edited by lucky 2, 03 December 2011 - 08:24 PM.

Jobrielle's Photo Jobrielle 02 Dec 2011

QUOTE (#B# @ 02/12/2011, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get why people get angry at people that don't agree with SS marriage, you are never going to find people that agree on everything, this is also just a differing of opinion, how is it right to call people who don't agree with it, ignorant?

It's not just a difference of opinion is it? It's your religious views stopping two people who are adults and in love from getting married. Just because a certain religion doesn't agree does not mean the rest of us should suffer.

Gangnam Style's Photo Gangnam Style 02 Dec 2011

I would have thought Hill$$ong would be able to see the $$$kerching in gay marriages and support the concept.

Edited by lucky 2, 02 December 2011 - 10:41 PM.

delete
Edited by bitznpieces, 02 December 2011 - 09:05 PM.

I haven't said anything near as discriminatory or rude as you, so no.

Yes, I actually found your link to SS equality very useful, Mrs Northman so thank you for posting it!

DarkestNight's Photo DarkestNight 02 Dec 2011

QUOTE (Jobrielle @ 02/12/2011, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not just a difference of opinion is it? It's your religious views stopping two people who are adults and in love from getting married. Just because a certain religion doesn't agree does not mean the rest of us should suffer.

Exactly what I wanted to say. Supporting ss marriage is supporting a loving, consentual union between two people.

FauxPas's Photo FauxPas 02 Dec 2011

I don't get why people get angry at people that don't agree with SS marriage, you are never going to find people that agree on everything, this is also just a differing of opinion, how is it right to call people who don't agree with it, ignorant?

If you don't agree with SS marriage then don't get married to someone who is the same sex as you.

However, trying to stop others from getting married - now that is far beyond a difference of opinion.

And as a Catholic I more than belong in this forum and do not need to be told by OP or anyone to stay in WDYT because she/he does not like my opposing views.

Stellajoy's Photo Stellajoy 02 Dec 2011

It's not ignorant, just discriminatory.

Natural_mum's Photo Natural_mum 02 Dec 2011

As a Christian this saddens me greatly. Some of my bestfriends are gay.

QUOTE (bitznpieces @ 02/12/2011, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes there is one in WDYT.Can you please not post it here?
Thanks.

You DO NOT get to hide behind your "I posted in this section so no one could challenge me".

I very clearly stated that I posted in WDYT for higher traffic, which is a fair thing to do.  Don't USE this section as a hiding place - its not a very christian thing to do.

ETA - I am baptised orthodox so ner!
Edited by mrsnorthman, 02 December 2011 - 09:00 PM.

And as a Catholic I more than belong in this forum and do not need to be told by OP or anyone to stay in WDYT because she/he does not like my opposing views.

Ah Fauxpas, I'd marry you but it's illegal.

tenar's Photo tenar 02 Dec 2011

Yes, and some people disagree with mixed race marriages too - is their "difference of opinion" acceptable?  Personally I'd call them ignorant, unimaginative and incredibly selfish.

You are entitled to hold whatever personal opinions you like and to live in accordance with your opinions.  I'll even dare to guess that nobody is actually asking you to be part of a SS marriage wink.gif   However try to imagine how you'd feel if it was your relationship with your spouse that was being intentionally held invalid by Australian law due to something neither of you had control of (such as your race, your sex, or whatever).  Wouldn't you be just the teeniest bit angry?

~Nodnol~'s Photo ~Nodnol~ 02 Dec 2011

You may think you have the right to decide if other people can get married, but you certainly don't have the right to demand people not comment here.

I have a question for you, what do you honestly think will happen WHEN same sex couples are given the right to marry? Do you think you are going to have to marry a woman? Nothing in your life will change, but for many couples out there it will. Their perfectly legal and acceptable and normal relationship will be recognized.

Silentmoose- I read that link earlier today. If only more "Christians" could recognize that message.  sad.gif

ComradeBob's Photo ComradeBob 02 Dec 2011

I mean, really, what IS going to happen if same sex marriage is legalised?

Yeah, that's right. Very little.

Gay people will be able to get married. There won't be a plague of locusts, the earth won't explode, we won't be invaded by hordes of rainbow alien unicorns.

Gay people will get married.  original.gif

Not even ALL gay people will get married. I can think of quite a few friends who simply won't go there. Much like my heterosexual friends.

Various churches will ban gay people from getting married within their holy places, like they do to heterosexual couples who are not of their faith. I didn't get married in the Catholic Church because I was ****ed if I was going to promise to bring up my kids in the Catholic faith.

So yeah. Gay people will get married. You probably won't even notice it. original.gif

Oh, and that Wallaby and his gf who are boycotting marriage till gay marriage is legalised?

They'll probably get married too  original.gif
Advertisement