Supportive but comfy sleep bras?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Ellie bean

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:38 PM

Can anyone recommend a bra/ top/ crop top for sleeping? I’m an F cup, I have some nylon ahhh bra type things but I’d really like something with more cotton, that’s supportive enough to hold everything in under pjs and while sleeping, but also comfortable
I know lots of women love going braless but I’m not one of them unfortunately, I find it really uncomfortable
Thanks, any suggestions greatly appreciated!

#2 Pocket...

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:46 PM

I'm the same. I use an ahh bra with a fitted singlet over that. I love the idea of something with more cotton so I'll be following this thread!

#3 cardamom

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:23 AM

Following. F cup here and I also wear a soft genie bra kind of thing. One of my bed bras (as I call them) is a size too small, and that one is my favourite as it's very supportive/firm while still being comfortable. Doesn't solve the cotton issue but could be worth a go on the support front?

#4 jayskette

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:28 AM

I thought it is bad practice to sleep with bras on because it constricts your breathing.

#5 Caribou

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:42 AM

jayskette, on 08 August 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

I thought it is bad practice to sleep with bras on because it constricts your breathing.

Only if you wear a corset to bed, maybe.

#6 Riotproof

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:48 AM

One of those singlet tops with a built in bra?

#7 BeachesBaby

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:53 AM

I’m between a 10F-G, and find the knixwear bras the best. They can be adjusted to a racerback or standard straps, are so soft, but also supportive enough to wear out to the store or for something low impact like a yoga class.

The only tank top I’ve ever found that’s remotely suitable for my size chest is the bonds maternity tank, which I can just barely fit into the 12F I think it was, if you’d prefer that style over a standalone bra.

Edited by BeachesBaby, 08 August 2019 - 07:55 AM.

#8 mintpatty

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:57 AM

I bought my daughter the sleep bra from bravissimo.com.  She’s an F and she’s happy with it.

Their swimwear is also fantastic, just as an aside.

#9 Ellie bean

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:19 PM

Thanks everyone, I will try knixwear/ bravissimo
Singlet top with shelf used to be ok pre kids but isn’t up to the heavy lifting now required!

#10 cardamom

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostEllie bean, on 08 August 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Singlet top with shelf used to be ok pre kids but isn’t up to the heavy lifting now required!

I read that suggestion and thought bless, those people must not have 2-ton boobs that hang somewhere around their knees. Those singlets roll off me like a coiled spring :ph34r: :laugh:

#11 IamOzgirl

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

Uniglo have a super comfy wireless bra.

I wear a L and at my biggest I was in a normal 18DD bra.

You can buy online.

#12 ipsee

Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:01 PM

I love the shelf singlets, but you can't get them in larger sizes anymore. Big W used to do them, but not for a while. Bonds ones are very small.

#13 Thylacine

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

May not be suitable for larger sizes but I am a D (and used to be DD) and I like the target maternity sleep bras for my comfy home bra. They have a sort of wrap style front which I find more supportive than an Ahh bra

#14 Toddlerandme

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

Cake (the nursing/maternity bra brand) now sell a ‘lounge’ bra without the nursing clips which is designed for larger cup sizes

https://au.cakemater...ss-everyday-bra

I haven’t tried this style, but am still wearing my cake nursing bras as sleep bras, as they are both comfy and supportive.

#15 ~elle~

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:19 PM

I have had the Ahhh Bra and I hated it. So uncomfortable.

Not cotton, but best n less has a great range of $10 - no wire bras - very soft, not sweaty,( they are nylon/ polyester) I love them - I have 2 and I'm a 24E.( But I got their 22DD and they were just right as they did stretch a little). Fantastic for night time.

#16 blackcat20

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

I wear a crop top from Target or Kmart usually. At the moment I wear a Target maternity singlet as it has soft cups rather than a shelf bra.

#17 #YKG

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:02 PM

For sleep I wear seamless crop bras from best & less, I have DD/E cup boobs and I feel supported, wouldn’t wear them out and about, I wouldn’t be comfortable without a wire for added support, but for sleep they work well and comfy. They are $10 so inexpensive but work well for me.

#18 Mollyksy

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:16 PM

I have g sized breasts and recently had open lung surgery and can't wear a bra, especially my underwire ones. I bought some bonds crop tops and whilst not ideal, are surprisingly supportive. I an wearing them in the day until I heal enough for my old bras. They are comfy for sleep too. I used to wear my underwire bras to bed but I think I'll keep with the crop tops even when I can wear my bras again. There is some sag definitely in daywear but that isnt too much of an issue under pjs.

#19 Peninsula Girl 74

Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

I have a friend that loves wearing the Bonds support singlets.
https://www.bonds.co...-wurai-dsn.html

#20 Froggilicious

Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:28 PM

View PostThylacine, on 08 August 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

May not be suitable for larger sizes but I am a D (and used to be DD) and I like the target maternity sleep bras for my comfy home bra. They have a sort of wrap style front which I find more supportive than an Ahh bra

I still use my target maternity singlets as pyjama tops, they are the most comfy night time bra/singlet I have ever found. I need a couple of new ones actually. Though I think they only go up to an E cup.

#21 Lesley225

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:42 PM

I'm large but would never think of wearing one to sleep as I find no bras comfortable.  Large busted and quite small is not a good combination.

I can't cope with walking around much without one though - sleeping I'm fine.

#22 Beanette

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:21 PM

I wear a Hot Milk feeding singlet to bed even when not BFing, they have a F-H fitting which I find to fit well for my GG bust.

#23 QuirkyMum

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:36 PM

If you search for 'bralet' in DD+ Bras section on Mark and Spencer website there will be quite a few.
I'm eyeing their new modal one(not cotton but natural fabric kinda) . Flexifit non-wired crossover bralet.
I wonder if straps are wide enough...
If you click on matching knickers, you will see a bit more of this bra.

I'm still breastfeeding so no point buying it now for me but I feel like it could be a winner. Between babies I wore ahh bra type (synthetic fabric) to bed. I'm size 10-12 and cup size F-G.

Edited by QuirkyMum, 10 August 2019 - 10:40 PM.

#24 HighlandPinky

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:49 PM

QuirkyMum, on 10 August 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

If you search for 'bralet' in DD+ Bras section on Mark and Spencer website there will be quite a few.
I'm eyeing their new modal one(not cotton but natural fabric kinda) . Flexifit non-wired crossover bralet.
I wonder if straps are wide enough...
If you click on matching knickers, you will see a bit more of this bra.

This one has really good reviews from a fuller figure Facebook group I'm on.

https://www.marksand...TA&prevPage=srp

#25 QuirkyMum

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:37 PM

HighlandPinky, on 10 August 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

This one has really good reviews from a fuller figure Facebook group I'm on.

https://www.marksand...TA&prevPage=srp
Interesting. Looks like it is made for bigger breasts. I wonder if lace is too itchy for sleeping.
Also it has just size, but no cup size.
Thanks for the link, I should order and just try.
I didn't know we could post links to specific products.
The one that I am eyeing is this one:
https://www.marksand...VY&prevPage=plp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.