←  Pregnancy: Tips, Questions and Information

Essential Baby

»
Advertisement

Changes to beasts in pregnancy

Ocean waves's Photo Ocean waves 11 Jun 2019

Hi guys

I’m 26 weeks pregnant with my third and haven’t had any changes to my breasts. Previously I was wearing maternity bras by 14 weeks but my regular bras still fit really well. I am large and wear an E/F cup so perhaps that’s the reason? I haven’t had a great track record of breast feeding but the issues were more too much milk not draining and nipple damage. Any suggestions?

Caribou's Photo Caribou 11 Jun 2019

My boobs are size b. Didn’t change at all during pregnancy. The size is not related to the amount of milk. If you had issues with feeding last time I’d advise jumping straight into a LC at the hospital and explain the issues. Or alternatively a private LC who can walk you through it.

Veritas Vinum Arte's Photo Veritas Vinum Arte 11 Jun 2019

I was the reverse. I wore normal bras with my first until about 32wks, 26wks with my second but with my third I was in maternity bras by14wks.

What that really shows is every pregnancy is different.

I was DD/E before my first pregnancy and GG now after my third (10 years later).

Feeding 1 & 2 was hard, but my 3rd latched on like a pro, so 9nce again my experience was each pregnancy and baby is different. My third who latched on like a pro was also slightly premmie at 36wks.

My advice is don’t stress.

Mollycoddle's Photo Mollycoddle 11 Jun 2019

I found that my beasts (both pets and the small, human kind) got a lot more irritating to me during pregnancy.

Sorry OP, couldn't resist your title typo ;)

Ocean waves's Photo Ocean waves 11 Jun 2019

Mollycoddle - what Typo? I can’t see it and it’s drivibg me nuts!!

Thanks for the reassurance guys. It seemed like a burning issue at 3am!

Veritas Vinum Arte's Photo Veritas Vinum Arte 11 Jun 2019

Typo in thread title

lozoodle's Photo lozoodle 11 Jun 2019

hehe thread title says beasts, I giggled at that too when i saw it in recent topics :)

Soontobegran's Photo Soontobegran 11 Jun 2019

Breasts do not always grow in size in pregnancy.
Some people grow massively then slow down, some don't grow until the milk comes in.
I did not grow at all, I was just more firm when my milk was in but then I was already an DD.

My breasts grew ( downwards ) after I had finished feeding my lot ....it's not pretty. :(

Breast size is no indication of ability to breast feed. In fact 'sometimes' smaller breasts work a little better as there is not as much fat sharing space with glandular tissue.

Pocket...'s Photo Pocket... 11 Jun 2019

I had 8g boobs pre babies. My first pregnancy they grew from the second trimester or so, 12 g ish. For my second they didn't grow or firm up until I'd given birth and then they sorted themselves out within the hour and settled down much quicker, 12 f or so, but that was mostly a wider torso due to too many cupcakes.

I had previously breastfed almost up until I feel pregnant with my second though so maybe they were taking the opportunity to rest up lol.

I had some over supply first time but not enough to cause problems. The second time I didn't get over supply after the initial week I think. It's s bit blurry in my memory now though.
Advertisement